Special Populations Curriculum Guide by Ilga Paul, OTR
Learn how to help special populations students succeed in school and life with Yoga Calm skills. This invaluable guide was written by Ilga Paul, OTR, an occupational therapist and Yoga Calm Trainer with over 30 years of experience in the schools.
Designed for occupational therapists and others who work with youth in school settings, this guide includes Yoga Calm Lesson Plans that integrate and support physical, cognitive and emotional development for the following needs:
- Autism and sensory processing disorders
- Deaf/hard of hearing
- Low vision
- Blind multiple disabilities
In an easy-to-read format, this guide is full of practical tips from Ilga’s years of experience, including:
- How to implement behavior-management strategies
- How to write IEP (individualized education plan) objectives, and meet existing objectives within the Yoga Calm session
- How to modify and create a therapeutic environment
- How to observe student behavior and adjust activities accordingly
This guide is designed to be used in conjunction with the book Yoga Calm for Children, which has program and background information, activity photos, illustrations and supporting research.
29 pages. Downloadable PDF.